SKIVT-L Archives

October 2002, Week 2

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Wesley Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:26:04 -0400
Sunday, Mad River Glen. The parking lot said "Powder Day!" The could
have used Edie the Parking Lot Lady to help squeeze them all in.

What was the attraction? Not sure. Maybe the BBQ chicken, slow roasted
over a giant BBQ pit near the Practice Slope Chair, $8.50 for 1/2 a
bird. Maybe it was the chair lift rides on "America's Favorite" single
chair. Maybe it was the unseasonably warm weather, copious sunshine,
live band, and numerous activities for kids.

I dunno, but the place was a zoo. Reminded me of the old Cold Spring
Hills Civic Association picnics I went to with my parents as a kid back
in the 60s. There was even a line to get on the single. Big kids,
little kids, dogs everywhere.

Anyway, great fun was had by all -- shareholders and non-shareholders
alike. Everyone was invited, and everyone came. Some dressed for the
weather, others dressed to impress: especially this strange little boy.
I wonder who he belongs to?

http://www.uvm.edu/skivt-l/?Page=./Vermont/2002_2003_winter/
CuteBigkid.jpg&dir=./Vermont/2002_2003_winter

or
http://www.uvm.edu/skivt-l/Vermont/2002_2003_winter/CuteBigkid.jpg
if long URLs are troublesome
| Academic Computing Services       __0__                             |
| Room 238 Waterman Building       / \ | \                            |
| University of Vermont              \77                              |
| Voice:802-656-1254 FAX:802-656-0872  vv                             |
| aim:goim?screenname=maddogskideath      http://weasel.uvm.edu/      |