SKIVT-L Archives

September 1999, Week 3

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Denis Bogan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 17:51:31 -0400
They have (had) close to that on the NH turnpike rest stops right across
from the Mass. line.  Gov. John Sununu installed a system where you could
get a lift ticket from a mastercard reading machine at the rest stop for
all NH ski areas.  NH turnpike has the most interesting (?) rest stops in
the country.  Want a bottle of 151 proof Puerto Rican Rum, step inside.
Want a few gallons of gas for your car, sorry you'll have to exit the
turnpike.  You can get tanked up but your car can't.  And these people have
the nerve to call us Massholes?  Actually they might be right if we play
their game.  (And yes, they do sell lottery tickets.)

Denis   (Using "we" indicates that I'm still suffering from Boston
withdrawal after 35 years.  I'll never be a Virginian)

Denis Bogan

[log in to unmask]   NOTE NEW e-mail ADDRESS!!!
Voice;  301-286-1306
FAX;  301-286-0212 - Let me know it's coming.
(Mailing address: Laboratory for Extraterrestrial Physics
Code 691, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD 20771)
http://www-691.gsfc.nasa.gov/personnel/dbogan/dbogan.html