SKIVT-L Archives

December 2004, Week 1

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:08:11 -0700
Roger reminds:
>Notice that Marc didn't mention anything about burning climbing equipment.

Alas, have you forgotten so quickly? This is Utah - we generally don't need
sacrifices to the snow gods. What's more, there is significant overlap of
both seasons on both ends, so we just quietly put away one set of gear when
the other suits us more. Then of course there are those that blur and merge
both disciplines. There are far more than a handful of regularly skied
chutes and couloirs that have fixed rappel anchors at the top entrances.

-marc