SKIVT-L Archives

September 1999, Week 3

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Pete Baldwin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:24:11 -0400
     Hiked it on 8/28 and had a total blast! Awesome mountain. It's a long ways
from Burlington (960 miles round trip) but well worth it.. Interesting to see
rare (for the east) winter avalanche damage over on a slope underneath the Table
Land. I've been meaning to write a detailed account of the hike (did Cathedral
Trail up to the summit and descended by way of Knifes Edge and Helon Taylor
Trail) but haven't had a chance to. Didn't get to see any moose but were lucky
enough to see some Wild Chipmunks ;-). I've been very curious to know if anyone
on the list has ever skied it and, if so, what part of the mountain was skied?
Also what kind of credentials are needed to ski it in the winter? I understand
it is very difficult to get a winter pass into the park.
Pete