SKIVT-L Archives

September 1999, Week 3

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Skip King <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:24:01 -0500
>         The Mount Washington weather report from Monday reported the
>         observation
> of northern lights.  Did anyone in Vermont see this?  How vivid was
> it?
>  How common is it to see this phenomenon in Vermont?  We Flatlanders
>  don't
> have the opportunity to see them, at least not to my knowledge.

I wuz on my way back north after sailing in a race on the Cape
Sunday night... about 9 pm, saw what I thought to be the Aurora..
got north of all the lights in Norway ME and sho 'nuff.  They'd pretty
much dissipated by the time I got home.  Not the most vivid display
I've seen around here, but rather pretty, nonetheless... kinda hard
to drive and watch the sky, though (to say nuthin' of added risk of
smackin' a moose whilst distracted.

Northern lights... moose... sailing... mountains... summer...
autumn.... winter... spring... c'mon, people, could there possibly be
a better place in the world than New England?!

skip

skip