SKIVT-L Archives

December 2004, Week 1

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:36:06 -0500
Hey Steve,
You might want to consider an Ipod or something when you're working out, all
this thinking is going to get you into trouble!

Yes, you would be moving at 60+ mph.  In Rogers post it says you get to that
speed in ~6 seconds, hence the falling on your ssa.  But for argument sake
you're still standing, you and the surface you're on is moving at 60 mph and
lets also say it's smooth, no boiling chunks under your feet - how do you
turn to avoid obstacles?  I'm not great with science but I thought you'd
have to be moving even slightly faster then the surface you're on to have
control on it.  I think that's why they have you paddle like crazy rafting
down rapids.?  Or was the guide just laughing at us behind our backs?  (I
could be dead wrong here but I you have no force to apply - isn't that
right?)

Anything is possible.  People jump out of planes, their chute doesn't open
and they live - so what.  The idea is to always get your chute open.  The
idea in bc is not get caught in an avi.  Your brain power will be better
spent coming up with a snowmaking system that atmospherically converts niar
to snow at any temperature!
Rich