SKIVT-L Archives

September 1999, Week 3

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:18:00 -0400
>        The Mount Washington weather report from Monday reported the
observation
>of northern lights.  Did anyone in Vermont see this?  How vivid was it?
> How common is it to see this phenomenon in Vermont?  We Flatlanders don't
>have the opportunity to see them, at least not to my knowledge.
>
>Mark

Mark,

     Not sure where you're located, but I've seen the northern lights here
in northeastern Pennsylvania.  Granted it was during a High School
graduation party while playing Little Feat, but I swear to Jerry that they
were there.  We all saw them.  My best sighting was while working at a Fish
and Game club 100 miles north of Quebec City one summer.  The lights just
surrounded us.  It was incredible.

Peter Quigg
Montrose, Pa.