SKIVT-L Archives

December 2004, Week 1

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Matthew Kulas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 16:18:58 -0500
Ben B,

Thanks very much for the link.

Speaking of the Alpine Shop, I strongly encourage people to avoid
taking your business to the Alpine Shop.

At the Cochran Ski Sale, the Alpine Shop sent several employees to act
as "volunteers."  Supposedly, they were there to assist customers with
questions about boot fitting, ski selection etc.

Instead, these Alpine Shop employees stood around handing out
card/coupons for 15% off ski tuning.  "Well, what's wrong with that?"
you ask.  On the backside of the coupons was an advertisement for
their ski leasing programs.  The ski sale is the Cochran Ski Club's
only source of income for the entire year and here the Alpine Shop is
trying to steal business right at the sale.  &$#*ing Dradsabs!

Not only that but they tried to put up a huge banner advertising the
ski leasing program over the entranceway to the sale.  WTF?!

Shame on the Alpine Shop!

--Matt K.