SKIVT-L Archives

October 2002, Week 2

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Denis Bogan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:13:32 -0700
Just looked at the US Doppler Loop,

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USNationalWide.asp?loc=usa&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=RadarImagery&product=RadarLoop&prodnav=none&pid=none

and it shows that a band of snow & mixed precip moved across Que. just
above the tops of NY & VT in the last few hrs.  It is now in central
Maine.

Where does one get the long range forecasts often referred to on the List?
 In English please.  I keep hearing of a deep long cold snap for VT in 10
days or so.  In googling around I can find nothing of similar promise for
WV.  Most of what I've found is in unintelligible meteorolgist's
shorthand.  The only plain english I found simply said that temps would be
> and precip < normal for the next 30 days.  Dammit I need cold and snow
in the WV highlands and I need it by end of Oct. or I'll have to start
learning Dutch. :)

</mad man off>