SKIVT-L Archives

December 2004, Week 1

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Dana Dorsett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 17:43:11 -0500
Chris Kohler [[log in to unmask]] writes:

>>Um, yeah.  How about an ixne on the for ale-say uff-stay?
>
>I could not disagree with you more.  This is a forum for skiers and
things
>related to skiing.  This obviously falls among those lines.  I feel the
>same for posting ski shares.  Which obviously someone on this list may
be
>interested in.  No one gave Steve poop about selling his skis.  One of
the
>greatest things about this list is finding equipment that I might not
find
>otherwise, or deals not regularly available - thanks Dana!

Huh...

...zzzz...

...h'wha...

...snik...

...cheeses, H, you called?

Yer welcome, I guess.

But I'm with Jimbau- I could easily swamp this list with "Fer sail,
purty-good skee geer, rilly cheep" with the contents of my basement
(http://www.narsil.org/Dana/dana.html ), and I'm sure I'm not the only
one here who could.

Constraining it to pointing out way-better-than-retail bulk-buy deals
that come up (and not one-off eBay-whatevahs) keeps the flea-market at
bay, leaving room for other, more pertinent & interesting threads, like
insurance fraud, election fraud, baseball, and other topics of clear
interest to all skiers/riders/wannabes. We ALL have dusty crusty stuff
we'd part with for the right amount of Yen, but that's what eBay is good
for- Craigs list, etc. For my part, I really DON'T want to turn this
into just another swap page (don't want it to get turned into another
political rant forum either, not that anybody asked what I wanted. There
are plenty of on-line urinals for that sort of relief. :-) )

dana
_____________ ________ __
__( Tele till you drop!