SKIVT-L Archives

December 2004, Week 1

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Evan Osler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 16:40:46 -0500
On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 15:57:07 -0500, Jason Ross <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Some skier laid down a clean,
>aggressive line on upper upper liftline - a line I wouldn't take
>mid-season.  I only saw the tracks, not the person that did it.

I saw those tracks too. Pretty bony.

Poached liftline on the way out as well - some nice topsoil and a bit of an
interesting base. There was much poaching to be done though, and I was only
reprimanded once by my ssahole former roommate/ski patroller (and this was
before I'd even ducked a single rope).

I will say, in defense of those choosing to disobey the orders of the ski
patrol, that there is a fair argument that skiing closed, unpatrolled trails
in 5" of snow is actually safer than joining 1500 people on Lower Lord on a
sheet of yellow ice with a bit of white dust on it. If I were a parent, it
was the type of conditions (on Lord) I probably wouldn't let my little kid
ski in, especially with the Killingtonian masses parading by.

Great weather and company to boot.

-Evan