SKIVT-L Archives

December 2004, Week 1

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Lars Bruns <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 20:39:28 -0500
Weird weather.

Snow reports the last week have certainly been oddly suspect -
everywhere.  The fact that resorts don't mention the "net" of the snow-
niar-snow crap from Wednesday irks me.  Admit it niar-ed in between at
least.

I have 2" of crusty white stuff at 1080' in Waitsfield.  Certainly more on
the mtns, enough to ski top to bottom wherever with some trickery towards
the bottom.

Opted for the $22 toy donation on Sat @ SBN, met up with friends, enjoyed
elbow and sunshine and views.  Crowded and cool.  End of day bailed on the
silly 'download' line and skied down Northstar then over to the learner
double area all of which were quite pleasant and better than late day
snowscratching.

(As an aside, my T2 center buckle went kaput late last season in May and
needs repair.  Evidently I need to contact BD or Scarpa.  Anyone hear of
this or have a spare I can steal/borrow/buy? - backchannel pls).

Today I woke to odd dark clouds and 37 degrees, it is now single digits
and somewhere in between the sun shone in tremendous brilliance and great
great skining weather.  Skinned bottom to top, chatted with snowmakers and
enjoyed some hot liquids along the way.  Skied down from the comm towers
onto organgrinder.  Plenty of snow and skier's right was edgeable felt
like stuph on firm.  Lower down found manmade carveable glaciers.  We then
opted for a filled-in chute into Domino and proceeded to make 8s.  Very
enjoyable.  They're in very good shape for jester/grinder/deathspout for
next week, potentially down lower spout for top to bottom if the week's
weather cooperates.

Ixnay to the niar in the fcast Tuesday, go snow.
LB