SKIVT-L Archives

December 2004, Week 1

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
B_C_Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 20:46:20 -0500
It's possible.   It was snowing lightly all day up in the mountains.
Got a few inches at the house.  Finally looking like wintertime at
last.  There was some pretty heavy snow late in day, but it stopped..
up on the mountain it could be different... Wouldn't surprize me if
Saturday morning was a powder morning.   Mansfield is a snow machine
more often than not.

Centerline and Ridgeview are supposed to open for weekend.  Spruce is
ramping up with some snowblowing too.

Seems like there's alot more people up here for the pre-Christmas
season than I recall last year.  Friday after Thanksgiving was a zoo on
mountain (so I heard).   Too many people, too few ways down.  I'm
waiting for better days.   To think people pay $40-something to ski one
trail... Yikes.

Carol