SKIVT-L Archives

October 2002, Week 2

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Evan Osler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:30:12 -0400
Forgive me for posting long range forecasts, or trying to inform a group of
similar-minded weather observers, but Roger Hill from WDEV had this to say:

"A large upper level ridge of higher pressure will move in for the weekend
pumped up out ahead of a dipping jet stream and trough of low pressure in
the northern plains and upper Midwest. This trough of lower pressure with
plenty of colder Canadian air will migrate eastward with significant cold
front arriving Sunday night. Followed by another disturbance that may
produce frozen precipitation in the higher terrain sometime early to middle
of next week. The European model which has been very good in the past does
not agree and keeps the coldest air in Canada and not reaching northern
sections of Vermont - something worth watching."

Personally I never thought European models were all that hot anyway.