SKIVT-L Archives

December 2004, Week 1

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Scott Braaten <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 17:54:46 -0500
On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 16:40:46 -0500, Evan Osler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Poached liftline on the way out as well - some nice topsoil and a bit of
an
>interesting base. There was much poaching to be done though, and I was
only
>reprimanded once by my ssahole former roommate/ski patroller (and this was
>before I'd even ducked a single rope).

Yes.  Much Poaching.  Started off the day doing two laps on the groomed
stuff which was great early on, then went off Nosedive and skied that a
couple times which was nice up top but got cut up fast.  Hit Bypass and
that wasn't too bad...then cut over to the Gondola side and skied the
bottom half of those runs a couple time.  Gondolier was pretty freakin'
schweet.  Nice unbreakable crust covering the top 4-6 inches then another
6 inches of fluff made for some pretty tracks.

Finished up the day with one run back over in the zoo that is Lord.  Holy
Sh*t!! That run went from pretty decent to parc real fast.  You'd
definitely have a better chance of getting killed on that then you would
poaching any run on the mountain.  Did hear of one guy getting his (day)
pass clipped for duckin a rope but we never ran into any problems.

Awesome views as well....wow.  Finally looks like winter up there...much
fun blasting through some binding deep powder and just all in all loving
life up at Stowe.

-Scott