USDEBATE Archives

June 2012

USDEBATE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Alfred C Snider <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
USA Debating in the WUDC Format <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 11:03:36 +0200
I am always interested in promoting WUDC debate and debate in general.
If I can be of assistance to you in this upcoming year please contact me.

I can offer:

  * Training workshops for your students and others in WUDC debate. I
    can come early or stay late at a tournament for that.
  * Tabulation at WUDC tournaments using Tournaman, the German tab
    program. I can also teach people how to use it themselves later on.
  * Assistance in setting motions or tournament matters. I don't need to
    be a CA or anything but I am willing and anxious to help.

I already have some gigs:

  * Dave Denomie at Marquette is planning a workshop and mini-tournament
    14-16 September to help more schools in that region discover the
    joys of WUDC debate.
  * Houston Urban Debate League is introducing the World Schools debate
    format this year and I will be doing a teacher workshop there on 8-9
    September.
  * John Meany of Claremont has asked me to tab US Open 5-7 October.

Of course, you are all invited to our events:

  * North America Debate Academy, one week of free WUDC training in
    Burlington. Students, coaches and judges welcome! 19-24 August.
    http://debateacademy.net/Debate_Academy/NADA_Vermont.html
  * Huber Debates, 3-4 November at University of Vermont. 84 WUDC teams
    last year, and it will be a "counter" for the global sweepstakes.
    Let us know how we can help you attend.
    http://debate.uvm.edu/debateblog/huber/Again%21.html Also policy
    debate and a major public debate on Friday night.
  * International Debate Academy, Slovenia, 17-25 November. Fabulous
    WUDC debate training and a major tournament (also a "counter"). Best
    way to get your team ready for WUDC Berlin. Do the Cambridge UK
    tournament and then come to IDAS. RT tickets to London and then
    low-cost airlines from London to Slovenia make it very affordable.
    http://debateacademy.net/Debate_Academy/IDA_Slovenia.html

If you would like my partnership please let me know how I can help. If
it is a tournament I will attempt to bring a team. My calendar is at
http://debate.uvm.edu/tunacalendar.html

Let's have another great year and watch debate grow and improve in
America and in the world.

Best wishes,

Tuna

--
Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna
Edwin Lawrence Professor of Forensics, University of Vermont

NOTICE: I am traveling to promote debate this summer (Serbia, Slovenia, Cameroon, Romania) and I will have Internet access of uncertain frequency and quality. Please be patient with me.