USDEBATE Archives

November 2013

USDEBATE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Mary Nugent <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
USA Debating in the WUDC Format <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2013 17:45:56 -0500
I managed to get it last week, and based on my experience would recommend
visiting in person if possible (realise this is difficult if you don't live
near a city that has one of their offices). I didn't have any problems with
the online forms, managed to book an appointment for the next day, and I
was able to make the couple of extra copies of some of my old visas while I
was there. Had I done it by mail I guess I'd have had to send everything in
again. It was done and ready to pick up - or you can choose to get them to
mail it back - within 2 days. I can't really speak to whatever problems
people are having with the website, but I would say once you get to the
office they are helpful in making sure you have all the relevant pieces in
order to process it.

I do know some people have had problems with fulfilling the proof of
address requirement where students live on campus (not an issue if you also
have a US permanent address, but tricky for international students). They
do accept a letter from the University, this obviously just takes a bit of
forward planning.