UVMFLOWNET Archives

December 2010

UVMFLOWNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Jill Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2010 08:12:55 -0500
I would suggest that you find out if you are paying for server space. If not,
you need to know what is involved in obtaining more when you are at
maximum capacity.

Loops eat up a large amount of server space when transmitted.

At our institution, there is a fee for storing on Stentor if you use it. We have
our own vascular server but when we max out our space, our IT group has to
submit and justify more space which is usually accomplished within the hour.

If you use loops routinely, you may have to budget it for it.

Jill Myers