UVMFLOWNET Archives

December 2010

UVMFLOWNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Nancy Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2010 15:58:27 -0500
Thanks for the info but does anyone have an answer to my original
question and that was can you obtain manual brachial and ankle pressures
(with a stethoscope or automatic BP). Obtain and record Doppler
velocities and images with the u/s machine at the ankle and code it
93922(Single level ABI)?
Before you all go crazy ~ please let me state for the record WE DO NOT
DO THIS HERE. We are an ICAVL accredited lab, all of my technologists
are RVT's and we follow the ICAVL standards to the letter. I did not
think this was acceptable but she pointed out to me that there was no
specific language stating you couldn't do this. Thankfully we have the
proper equipment here so we don't have to do this but I said I would ask
- so I'm asking. Does it sound kosher?
Oh, and you can add my 2 cents I think all labs should be ICAVL and the
techs should be RVT's to be reimbursed for Vascular studies. I think it
absolutely makes a difference in the standard of care the patients
receive. But that's just my personal opinion.