UVMFLOWNET Archives

July 2010

UVMFLOWNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

Reply To:
UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2010 19:16:47 -0400
We don't include valsalva as part of a dvt study. We do slow the sweep speed down to document respirophasic changes.

Valsalva would only document cessation of flow with a competent valve just superior to where you sample when they perform it ( for lower ext. venous).

Did the radiologist elaborate on why it should be included?  For ue venous I have them sniff to augment flow in proximal vessels such as subclavian or innominate. Is he concerned about ue venous or le? I have never heard of this for a routine le venous exam.

Sent from my iPhone