UVMFLOWNET Archives

July 2010

UVMFLOWNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Smith, Matthew G." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:37:44 -0400
Usually this is standardized by the equipment software. I've personally, never had to adjust the inflation parameters for PVR waveforms, just the size or baseline. It's typically around 70mmHg.  It may vary slightly from patient to patient based on limb size or other variables.  I'm sure an excessive amount of inflation would affect the waveforms (if you inflate it to 200mmHg the waves will likely disappear).  As stated before, this parameter should be standardized and you shouldn't have to adjust it at all.  We also use Unetix equipment.

 Matt