Re: Arterial Journals

"Mican, Lisa" <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 3 Feb 2011 15:47:39 -0500

Scary!!

________________________________

From: UVM Flownet on behalf of Terry Zwakenberg
Sent: Thu 2/3/2011 3:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Arterial Journals

Amplitude of the waveform is for all practical purposes meaningless without a means to calibrate the system.  As far as I know there has not been a system capable of calibration since the old life science systems of the 80s.  Waveform analysis is the current standard.  So maniuplation of the gain to better visualize subtle changes is always indicated.