UVMFLOWNET Archives

July 2010

UVMFLOWNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Shannon Abuan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2010 23:41:46 -0400
Hi To Everyone:
Our Radiology Dept. recently started performing Arterial exams for a vascular
surgeon. Vascular surg. insisting on doing PVR's. The machine I am using is a
Unitex Multilab Series 2. One of the parameters shown is the amount of volume
on the limb being evaluated, measured in cc. ex: 600cc.

My question is: Does of the amount of cc  matter on the PVR?  I was trained that
the pressure had to be approx. 65mmHg and the speed had to be 25.

This vascular surgeon is complaining that an excessive amount of cc placed on
the limb will change the outcome of the waveform of the PVR.

Example : 600cc with 65mmHg at High Thigh vs 900cc with 65mmHg at High
Thigh

Will there be a difference in a normal waveform??

Please respond ASAP--I need info by 7/27
Thanks for all the information--responses!!