UVMFLOWNET Archives

July 2010

UVMFLOWNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Ann Marie Kupinski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2010 05:43:48 -0400
Volume is very important.  The volume of air should be about the same when
you compare right to left at each level.  If the volume is much greater in
one side compared to the other take the cuff off and rewrap it.  The volumes
do change as you move between the thigh, calf, ankle, etc.  The whole
concept of the PVR is that it relates volume changes to pressures changes.
Both pressure and volume are important.  By making sure there is some
consistency and symmetry in the volumes you'll get accurate reproducible
waveforms.

Ann Marie Kupinski