UVMFLOWNET Archives

April 1999

UVMFLOWNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
T Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 23:16:31 EDT
Bravo Lawson!
In perspective, as the environment in which we humans (and millions of other
species) live effects our "health" (on a much larger scale than PVD) we as
healthcare professionals can and perhaps should on Earth Day be allowed to
express ourselves in this selective forum.

Back to PV matters, what is the consensus on distal doppler signals in Renal
Artery studies?  I've seen publications suggesting segmental, interlobar and
arcuate arteries for velocity and resistance.  Is all this necessary?  It
seems to me that parenchymal disease can be deduced from the interlobar
arteries alone.

Cheers