UVMFLOWNET Archives

July 1996

UVMFLOWNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Terrence D. Case" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 1996 14:35:37 -0400 (EDT)
Dear Bill;

I would suggest you ask the vascular surgeons to let you watch an in situ
procedure. You will appreciate their needs i.e. accuracy of mapping,
luminal diameter, has the saphenous previously thrombosed? (echogenic and
non-compressible by ultrasound), branches, valve cusps. Also we use Berol
liquid tip all surface markers. They mark through gel. Mapping for the
most part shouldn't be so tedious and time consuming. I'm sure if you spend
time with the surgeons, you will learn quickly.

Good luck!

Terry Case
University of Vermont