UVMFLOWNET Archives

April 2020

UVMFLOWNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Larry Needleman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2020 20:12:29 -0400
Great pickup that the big retrograde flow  was systole. There is a tiny forward component right before it that is early systole. Late systole reverses and diastole is slow and forward.

This is steal phenomenon. It is described as the bunny rabbit when it is seen in the vertebral artery.

The ECA is tarsus parvus vessel looks open and I suspect the obstruction is more proximal or cardiac like aortic stenosis.

Thanks for making me think today. I like the answer, whaddayathink?