UVMSNOW Archives

October 2006

UVMSNOW@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
john abbott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
john abbott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 12:48:50 -0500
Greetings Wilderness Loving UVM Student-
	This coming Wednesday evening 10/25 beginning at 5pm in Aiken 105, I
will be conducting an information session with accompanying slideshows
for each of the RM 188 Special Topics classes i will be teaching
looking to winter session and spring semester travel study intensives
in '07...
	We have had exceptional interest and participation in these unique
learning opportunities in the past couple of years.  I hope you will
join us for a wilderness leadership class of specific interest to you!
please help spread the word to friends and class mates. i will have
course descriptions, expedition itineraries and travel dates available:

1. Winter Leadership Skills (ADK's & White Mtns.) 			5-5:45
2. Backcountry Ski/Ride & Avalanche Certification (Idaho)	5:45-6:30
3. Introduction to Mountaineering (Peru)					6:30-7:15

	Look forward to meeting you all and working with you in the New Year!
please see attached course descriptions below:

here's to you in the backcountry! *john John Abbott, M.Ed. phone 656.2060 Asst. Director of Student Life e-mail [log in to unmask] Outdoor Programs fax 656.7731 Dept. of Student Life University of Vermont 48 University Pl. Burlington, VT 05405 "Education isn't the filling of a pail but rather the lighting of a fire...." - William Butler Yeats