UVMSNOW Archives

October 2006

UVMSNOW@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
john abbott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
john abbott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:17:26 -0500
hey folks-
	this is a great way to explore issue of diversity and inclusion...and
an exceptional opportunity to work intentionally with other student
leaders on campus. the weekend revolves around social justice and
creating healthy and diverse student communities. don't hesitate, apply
today...you will be glad you did!
*john

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Justin A. Gerboc" <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Wed Oct 11, 2006  2:33:29 PM US/Central
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Next Step Participant Applications Available!!!
>
> Are you passionate about social justice issues?  Do you want to engage
> your peers in conversations about diversity?  Do you want to challenge
> yourself in new ways in a safe space with the support of fellow
> students?  Want to make an impact on the campus climate?  Then you
> want to take the Next Step!
>
> The Next Step social justice retreat is a 2.5 day journey into issues
> of racism, classism, gender equity, heterosexism, and other concerns
> that are prevalent in our society and on campus.  It is not a weekend
> full of lectures and polished speakers.  Instead the conversations are
> had among students getting into the issues in a very real way with an
> emphasis on sharing stories.
>
> For more information or to apply to be a participant, visit the Next
> Step web page <http://www.uvm.edu/~nextstep> or you can email Justin
> Gerboc in Student Life at <[log in to unmask]>
>
> --
>
> Justin A. Gerboc
> Assistant Director for Leadership & Involvement
> Department of Student Life
> University of Vermont
> phone:  802.656.2060
> fax: 802.656.7731
> AIM screenname: leadershipUVM
>
> "It is not for me to change you.  The question is, how can I be of
> service to you without diminishing your degrees of freedom?"
> -- Buckminster Fuller

John Abbott						    phone 	656.2060
Asst. Director of Student Life			    e-mail	[log in to unmask]
Outdoor Programs						fax	656.7731

Dept. of Student Life
University of Vermont
48 University Pl.
Burlington, VT 05405

"It's the simple things in life that separate the peasants from our
leaders and determine the difference between the walkers and the
sleepers..."
					-anonymous, graffiti in williams 4th men's room