UVMSTUDENTS Archives

September 2021

UVMSTUDENTS@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2021 13:17:51 +0000
From:
"Suresh V. Garimella" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
UVM Students <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Dear Members of the UVM Community,

Last Friday, I had the honor of recognizing the recipients of the 2021 Presidentís Our Common Ground Award. This award recognizes University of Vermont staff members who exemplify Our Common Ground, the statement of aspirations and shared values of our whole community: Respect, Integrity, Innovation, Openness, Justice, and Responsibility.

This yearís recipients represent many offices and departments across the campus. Iím pleased to share the good news of their award with you today. They are:

Lisa Anderson, Mail Supervisor, University Print & Mail Services
Lina Balcom, Interim Director of Student Life
Dana Braunegg, LPN, Center for Health and Wellbeing
Veronika Carter, University Registrar
Stephanie Dion, Assistant Dean of HR & Business Operations, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Nick Lemon, Information Systems Technical Support, Larner College of Medicine
Sarah Mell, Education/Outreach Coordinator, Women & Gender Equity Center
Susan Munkres, Director, Community-Engaged Learning
Kelly O'Malley, Coordinator of Presidential Events
Cathy Rahill, Associate Athletic Director for Student-Athlete Development, Athletics
Tiffanie Spencer, Director for Diversity & Community Engagement, College of Education and Social Services
Kate Strotmeyer, Communications Professional, Vermont Cancer Center

Because the pandemic prevented us from making awards in 2020, I decided to recognize 12 staff members this year. Additionally, I received a special nomination for our colleague, Gary Derr, who will retire from his role of Vice President for Operations and Public Safety this fall. Gary leaves a remarkable legacy having shaped the UVM experience in ways that will be evident for decades into the future. More recently, he has been at the center of UVMís response to COVID-19 and continues to lead that complex effort with grace, professionalism, and expertise. Gary is this yearís 13th Our Common Ground Award recipient.

Recipients and those who nominated them attended a luncheon in their honor where the winners received their awards, a formal citation, and a $1,000 prize. Please join me in extending our best wishes to these members of the university community for their outstanding contributions.

Suresh V. Garimella
President