VGBNTALK Archives

July 2009

VGBNTALK@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Suzy Hodgson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
VGBN Discussion <[log in to unmask]>, Suzy Hodgson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:51:43 -0400
We are looking for advice on removing a central air handling/AC system
in a 900 sq ft space and replacing it with a more natural ventilation
system (ie passive with a attic fan etc).  If possible, we'd like to
use the existing vents & ductwork  from the AC system but beyond the
concepts, we're not sure of how to proceed.  We'd also like to be able
to use the ventilation to re-circulate heat from a wood burning stove
to a separate room in the winter.

Any ideas and advice on how to proceed and/or consultants/engineers/
contractors would be appreciated.

Suzy Hodgson