VGBNTALK Archives

July 2009

VGBNTALK@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Erik Heikel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
VGBN Discussion <[log in to unmask]>, Erik Heikel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2009 11:12:34 -0400
With every "green" product there is always the performance aspect to
account for. AFM Safecoat may be the real No VOC according to their
literature, but the finished product looks awful. I bought Safecoat from
Planet Hardwood for a bath remodel and after (6) finish coats you can
still see the tape joints and MR drywall through the paint. There were
unmixed pigments in the paint as well, which was a real pain in the
neck. Planet Hardwood had no interest in helping me resolve the problem,
so I've switched to another No VOC brand and have had no problems and
great customer service.

Bottom line: The best intentions or latest and greatest product can
never replace solid business practices. The green movement will continue
to move forward and the businesses that can't provide good customer
service will be left behind.

Erik Heikel