VTBIRD Archives

July 2005

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
C and R STEWART <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:20:31 -0400
The scenerio between the Bluejays and Cedar Waxwing continues daily -
generally early morning and early evening.  Sometimes 2 CEWA are on
'watch/harrass duty', sometimes only 1.

Confirmation delimna:   Twice in different locations in the past 2 weeks, I
have watched ? flycatchers feeding young.   How does one confirm whether
they are alder or willow without hearing them?   The begging noise sounds
much like the 'wit' of the willow - but then could it be the 'pip' of the
alder???

Goldfinches are everywhere - but I have yet to confirm breeding
behaviors.   Any ideas?

Ruth

Charlie & Ruth Stewart
E. Dorset, Vermont