VTBIRD Archives

March 2010

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Ruth Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2010 19:19:29 -0500
What a surprise to count a redpoll among the incidental goldfinches at my feeder today.  Have not seen any all year and I know reports have been scarce.  This bird was very white and I had thoughts of calling it a Hoary, but I have just not 'refined' my differentiation skills very well to do that.... yet!

Also lots of robins foraging on the open grasses and bluebirds singing too.

ruth stewart

e dorset

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469226/direct/01/