VTBIRD Archives

September 2013

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Maeve Kim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2013 17:31:47 -0400
I can now report that chasing the chukar with a net doesn't work. It flies very well and very fast.

it's possible that being patient and standing for a long time near a food source, with a net, might work. I've also asked Helena Nicolay if she'd recommend a big Hav-a-hart trap. (I left cracked corn with the nice people at Aspen Dental so the bird gets better nourishment than potato chips.)

Maeve Kim
Jericho Center