VTBIRD Archives

November 2011

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Ian A. Worley" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2011 22:42:50 -0400
Today (Nov, 1) I flew over the pond viewable from the Dead Creek WMA
viewing station in order to photograph the flock of Snow Geese (plus a
couple of Ross's Geese and a Greater White-fronted Goose).  One of the
photos is posted on the Vermont eBird Pool.

I hand-counted the number of birds in the photo and came up with a total
of 4641 birds.  The most common estimate of the flock made by several
viewers on the ground this past weekend was 5000.  Ron Payne, with a
posting of 4500, was closest to 4641.

Ian