VTBIRD Archives

October 2003

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Laurie Miner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:45:39 -0400
Lots of activity on and beneath my feeders here in West Brattleboro this
week...

White-crowned sparrows
White-throated sparrows
Song sparrows
Purple Finch females
House Finch males
Junco, just one - first of the season and all by his lonesome here since
Mon (10/20)
Tufted titmouse
Lots of goldfinches
Nuthatches
Turkey vultures overhead (2)
Very vocal Chickadees - almost fed from my outstretched palm, but not quite
ready!

Finally, was able to i.d. the DICKCISSEL hanging out with all the house
sparrows here since Monday, 10/20 - a first for me.  According to Sibley's,
they are relatively rare in this area.  Has anyone else had them visit?

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Laurie Miner