VTBIRD Archives

March 2010

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Ned McEleney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2010 19:02:38 -0400
I took a trip up to the northland this morning and saw a possible
golden-crowned sparrow at moose bog.  It had a single yellow stripe on
its crown that was bordered by black that did not extend to the eye.
The rest of the front of the bird was solid grey.  Does my ID sound
correct?  I have a decent picture of the bird that I will work on
posting.  Other highlights of the trip were 5 hooded mergansers, 3
black ducks, a mallard, and roughly 20 common mergansers in a pond
along rt.14.

-Ned
Stowe, VT