VTBIRD Archives

May 2019

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 10 May 2019 17:23:40 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Barclay Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Thought I’d share this. Although we live on the shore of Lake Champlain we’ve always kept a bird bath full by the feeders (heated in the winter.)  Yesterday, in preparation for todays rain I drained our rain barrels. In the 10-12 minutes the water was flowing 3 Chickadees, 1 Yellow Warbler, and a female Goldfinch all took baths in the puddle formed at the base of the rain barrel. 1 House Finch in the bird bath during the same period of time. Guess it might be time to get a pump for the bird bath.

Barclay Morris
East Shore Grand Isle