VTBIRD Archives

September 2013

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Hilke Breder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2013 17:12:05 -0400
I need help id'ing these sounds which are coming from underneath a dense rhododendron
bush by our house,  very sporadic and lasting only a few seconds at a time. At first I thought it
was a bird, but was unable to locate one; now I'm wondering whether it's a toad underneath
the leaf litter. I saw a toad but it seemed much too small to make such a big sound. Also
none of the frog/toad sounds on the net sound like this. I finally managed to get a recording:
http://onejackdaw.com/Audio/unknown_9-1-13.mp3

Hilke Breder
Brattleboro, VT