VTBIRD Archives

June 2005

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Jeff Nadler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 22:51:06 -0400
I spent time birding around Lefferts Pond, before and after a group kayak
trip on Chittenden Res. In the past, I have been usually alone in this
area, while today, parking lots, beaches, and trails in the area were
extremely crowded. The heat brought everyone to the water to cool off!

Early morning arrival found Black-throated blue and green warblers around
the parking area and trails. On Chittenden Res., 2 common loon (no
chicks), Great-blue heron, Common mergansers, Common yellowthroats. An
island was marked off with loon nest warning signs but we saw no chicks.

At Lefferts Pond, Ovenbird, Black-throated green warbler, Black-throated
Blue warbler, Spotted sandpiper, Wilson's snipe, RT Hummingbird,Common
yellowthroat, and this bird in photo . . (perhaps Great-crested
flycatcher?)

http://jnphoto.net/lefferts=2.jpg

Jeff Nadler
Burnt Hills, NY