VTBIRD Archives

October 2014

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2014 16:09:28 -0400
From:
Pat Folsom <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
To: Mad Birders <[log in to unmask]>
This afternoon I heard a Common Raven calling, went outside to look
around.  Circling overhead were two huge birds, slight dihedral, but all
dark underneath, not the head of a Turkey Vulture.  I know most reported
eagles are Bald in VT, but I'm thinking these were Goldens.  I just
returned from a trip out west, so have not been keeping track of birds seen
in the area.

Other birds in the yard today include Chipping, Song, White-throated and
White-crowned Sparrows, and a Catbird.

Happy October birding everyone,
Pat