VTBIRD Archives

July 2010

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Miriam Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:09:45 -0400
We've had the pleasure of hearing a Red-breasted Nuthatch in our yard twice in the past week. This is only the second time we've observed RB Nuthatch in our yard in 12 years. Last time was 2-3 years ago, and that was in the winter. We are at low elevation and our house is surrounded mostly by fields, with nearest woods a couple hundred yards away, and mostly deciduous.

A nice treat for the holiday weekend.

Miriam Lawrence
Monkton