VTBIRD Archives

October 2003

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Mary C. Marro" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:11:54 EDT
The birding was so good this morning on Union Street in Brandon that I didn't
arrive at Dead Creek until the time I had originally planned to leave!

A flock of White Crowned Sparrows (Adults & juveniles), lots of junco's and
white throated sparrows, r.c. kinglets.  But the bird of the day was a
Lincoln's sparrow who posed until I tired of him.

Good numbers of geese at Dead Creek.  Also noted a small flock of red winged
blackbirds...one with epaulets so scarlet you'd think he was going courting.
Maybe he was!

Mary Marro
Rutland