VTBIRD Archives

June 2005

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Jean` Arrowsmith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:48:41 -0400
Last evening, as I was picking my supper, there was a clamor of crows
from the back woods, perhaps the four birds were the family whose young
have recently fledged.  They circled, cawing, and were joined by six
other birds who joined  in.  My first  guess was that the locals  had
found the broadwings  that I think are nesting again back there, or
maybe there is a Cooper's around.  (It is too rough for me to go and
make certain).  Then I heard another pair of crows come in from the
west, and looked up to see the  harassers being harassed by a blackbird.

Heard in Lincoln, Wed. and Thurs., a Black-billed Cuckoo; and for
whoever  was  collecting data on Whippoorwills, one was heard last
night on Washington Street Extension in Middlebury.