VTBIRD Archives

June 2005

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Susan Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 10:16:49 -0700
23 species on a brief walk at the Diamond Run
Nature Trail this morning. Wood thrush, red-eyed
vireos and white-throated sparrows were singing
almost continuously.

Warblers included common yellowthroat, ovenbird,
black-and-white, chestnut-sided, yellow and
Nashville. Also at least two alder flycatchers
were heard. A house wren poked its head out of a
nest box a little annoyed at our intrusion.

Also, we saw moose tracks. This is a nice trail
if you happen to be at the mall or live in the
area. Access is from behind Sears.

Sue Elliott
Deb Clark

Discover Yahoo!