VTBIRD Archives

June 2005

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Holly Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:26:09 -0400
Brennan Neill, Neil Hilt and I went to see the crane this morning and had
wonderful views from about 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.  She was approximately 3/4
mile south of the intersection of Route 125 and West St. in the fields on
the west side of the road.  We saw her feeding and preening and were
treated to seeing her stretch and flap her wings, getting a really clear
view of those wonderful black wingtips.  What an experience!

Holly Hungerford
Charlotte, Vt.