VTBIRD Archives

June 2005

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Fred Bates <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:26:26 -0400
Today I heard it first from inside the house.  I went out side and saw the
yellow billed cuckoo high in a cherry tree.  After looking at it through
binoculars, I saw the yellow underside of the bill and knew what it was.  I
have been listening to the bird calls on e-nature.com of the black and
yellow billed cuckoo and this was definitely the yellow billed.  Last week
I saw and heard the black billed up the street from me and there is
definitely a distinct difference between the two.

Fred
Rutland