VTBIRD Archives

June 2005

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Barbara Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 10:42:41 -0400
The Carolina Wrens fledged last night. There are four of them. They are not
good flyers yet but are trying hard. The parents are taking very good care
of them. I hope they will return again next year or maybe have a second
brood. Time will tell.
The American Crow babies also fledged. There were two of them. They seemed
to be stronger and better able to fly.
Also of note the cucukoo is back in my field. After a two day chase, I
finally had a visual sighting. They are sure hard to find being so
secretive. They also call most of the night so there is no rest from hearing
the birds.
Barbara Powers
Manchester Center