VTBIRD Archives

March 2007

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Mike Resch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 05:57:51 EDT
Hector:

From which vantage point were you viewing the Hinsdale roost?   I've been to
one spot where you park at the end of River  Road at signs for a Shooting
Range then hiking to the top of a ridge to  look down on the waterfowl.  Then I've
heard of a spot accessible from  a boat  access area at the north end of
Prospect Street where you can walk on the dam  access road all the way out to the
dam.  From here you can look
north  or south of the dam.  Given that there is ice in your photo I'm
guessing it  is this latter location.  Or maybe there's another spot?

Many  thanks -

Mike  Resch
Pepperell,  MA